Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Buildin' myself a bumper *New Pics, Half Built!*

Andyjo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job at the photoshopping there! i didn't even notice it the 1st time around! :eek:

i was thinking i'd just cut off the tow hooks, and then throw in a gnarly skid plate :clap:

Thats probably what I would do too :)

Did you know there was a recall on those tow hooks? Dealers are supposed to cut them off as part of the recall. (They tend to hit things and jack up the frame)

Thats probably what I would do too :)

Did you know there was a recall on those tow hooks? Dealers are supposed to cut them off as part of the recall. (They tend to hit things and jack up the frame)

actually it was because sometime's they'd hit things like parking blocks (like you said) but they would cause the airbags to go off.

hey man... I just saw you headed by work towards your place.. you need to get that new bumper painted and on there!! :headbang:

like 2 minutes ago? lol... yeah you like the rope holding the plastic cover on? i sort of had an issue w/ a mud pit.. where the cover didn't want to come out :rolleyes: I'm in the process of talking to the guy w/ the bender, to make the push bar, maybe even tonight :headbang:

actually it was because sometime's they'd hit things like parking blocks (like you said) but they would cause the airbags to go off.

I never heard the actual reason for it, I just assumed it was because it jacks up the frame... Cause thats what I care about, I dont want to jack up the frame, screw the airbags :grin: