Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Safe for one more year.

54 bucks for 12 months rego were getin riped i have to pay $470 for 12 months on my brumby
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: WOW!! and I thought it was expensive to register a vehicle! ... But I guess I must admit it can be just as expensive here in Montana, that is if you have a newer vehicle, I cheat and get a perma plate for 2x the normal cost, and never pay again! Just have to have a vehicle 11 years old or older and for me, $120 is all I will ever have to pay :cool:

Wow... are you guys talking about car registration for yearly tags? Or what? LOL

I think they base most the cost of the registration on the value of your car. My car has a salvage title, and even tho I paid $1000 for it, i put $125 on the title when i transfered ownership. Im just happy I dont have to smog the damn thing... i dont care how much California wants out of me... as long as i dont have to put the RX on another sniffer. I doubt its ever gonna pass again.

-Brian

washington was great for a while.. 33 bucks to register... now its gone up.. 44 i think now... i just know that if i get one more ticket i should just tear up my license.. I could pay off my supra twice a year for what insurance charges me

rllywgn

I just mailed my registration renewal for my van today. $36 for one year registration. Annual safety inspection and emissions inspection required (some regions in the state don't require emissions, though). That $36 is a flat fee, too. Nothing to do with the value of your vehicle. I believe that trucks are higher, though.

King County in Washington state just sent me a notice stating that I not only have to pay for my registration, emission, monorail, and sound transit taxes (on a car that has pretty much no value, 84 GL wagon) but also a mandatory licenceplate replacement fee. What the hell is wrong with my current plates??? Same WA state BS, year after year after year. If you haven't been raped in a while, register a car in King County. Between my property taxes and car taxes, I'm going to be a homeless dude with a bus pass. For whatever fukced up reason, it is costing me more to register my 84 wagon than my 93 legacy this year. Total BS. I'd like to ring someones neck.... King County needs to die:dead:

Jordan

I pay $800 cdn per year for basic insurance. And thats with no accidents! Thanks ICBC!

Im not sure how it all works in the US but I think that its quite different in BC. I don't think we pay yearly "reg", we just pay (mandatory) insurance which maybe includes registration?. I never hear the word registration unless I'm changing registration as in I bought a new car and I have to register it in my name. Car insurance is all controlled by the government thru ICBC (Insurance Corporation of BC)