Ultimate Subaru Message Board

for a full exhaust system $500

buy your high flow cat and muffler online... something like ebay? is that how its spelled? yeah, Im in the process of doing this to save myself about 210 bucks in parts..

most muffler shops charge around 120-150 bucks for a standard cat... magnaflow cats on ebay are 57 and some change for 2.5"

hope this helps... and by all means shop around and do the price beater, if you dont wanna track down the parts... 300 is a little closer to right imo for a semi performance system at a meineke type place

rllywgn

Here's what you need to do:

Order a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler (in terms of CFM, they flow the most/best) from whatever online retailer for 50 bucks. Take it to your muffler shop, tell them you want 2/2.25/2.5 inch cat/resonator back.

It should cost you no more than $300 total, for my '84 turbo wagon it was something like $150 for the piping/install/stainless tip and $50 for the muffler.

I just got that exhaust built before The Dragon last year... they charged me $250 at like mineke... that was about 100 of a high flow muffler, 25 for the tip and 125 or so for the cat back 2.5".... Rick also paid in the 125-150 range since he has no cat on the Datsun, and brought his own muffler... thats header back.... Just a side note... hit up awd or hai... I got a 2.5" high flow cat off a guy on awd for $20.... only slightly used:banana: