Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What I did today...$1,000,000 worth of cars+my turbo wagon?!

The Gallardo is your NEIGHBOR?

Please, explain how this works...

Yep, I live in an nice older neighborhood on the Columbia River and Larry that owns the car lives right across the street, he owns a construction company and is a lifelong bachelor, no kids, no wife.

The past year I've lived here he's had a REAL Viper RT/10, a few Hummers, a Uni-Mog, a Ferrari 360, etc.. etc...

You'd be surprised what lurks in suburbia. My grandparents neighbor had a Diablo for a while. This was in a modest section of VA Beach. They are on the water, but everything is on the water around here. The guy was living in a single story ranch. His daily driver was an NSX. He said he got lucky and sold his local programming company to one of the big guys and retired early. He was probably 10 years older than me. Must be nice. He sold the Lamb though. He said it was too much trouble to have fun with. He said it got like 3 miles to the gallon and he was tired of getting pulled over by cops who just wanted to take a look.

He is tricking out the NSX now.

Also, a local resturant ownder has a new ferrari of some sort. Missy Elliot lives here. A while back there was a story about her mechaninc getting in trouble while driving her lamborghini w/o her permission.

There are a couple of those new Bentleys I see in the vallet lots at the fancy resturants in town and someone has one of the new top of the line Porsches. I forget what its called.

Oh, and there is a guy with 3 uni-mogs, but they are old beaters.

Hummers (real ones) are a dime a dozen here. VA Beach is the 4wd mecca of the east coast. God knows why, its flat, not many good places to go offroad, and it never snows. Its all about status I guess.

My friend sells cars. When he was selling Infinitys he said that they always had the most Qx4s ordered in the mid atlantic and his buddies who sold other makes said the same about thier 4x4s. So people have generally every kind around here. We had G-wagons before you could buy them from the dealership, A surprising number of Defender 90s and a couple of 110s, and one guy has a Laforza which is an Italian SUV (I think).

Oh, we even had a Lamborghini truck owned by a local used car salesman. that was cool.

By the way, I thought your pics were awesome. Its always cool to see that much automotive muscle in the same place at the same time. especially when you aren't in South Beach.

People often can bring ultra expensive cars into the oddedst areas. Over by me in the boonies in the farm neck of the woods there is a guy from the city that owns a 02 Bently Contenital Gt and parks it in an old beaten barn when hes up for the weekend, and there is a yellow Diablo by me to.:cool:

i just had a thought... a small narrow minded thought.. but a thought none the less...

my car is paid off...

i know its a cheap shot but, its the only one i got...

i saw a saleen s7 on hwy 14 in vancouver yesterday... it was pretty

rllywgn