Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bolt lengths for 2" lift 83 and 86 wagons

x1/9

I need to know what size bolts we will need to lift my mates 86 wagon and my 83 wagon. I've been searching and can't find much useful stuff.

I need:

lengths

Diameter

and amount.

Cheers,

Roger

i used 2 inch long by half inch grade 8 bolts.... depending on how you make your lift it may not matter what you use as long as you have the matching nuts. if you use pipe/tubing you will need mostly bolts the same diamter and pitch but longer by however much you are gonna lift. if you use rectanguler tubing it wont really matter as long as its strong enough.

Might find it neccessary to utilize jackstands, spanners and sockets for this one!

I was kinda hoping someone could answer my question before I got to pulling the car/s to pieces.

And the lift will be made with 2" (50mm) square bar (solid) aluminium, so it just means most of the bolts need to be 2" longer.

I have figered how many bolts and blocks I need for the MY car, but the L looks to be a bit harder, will prolly have to use those jackstands! If someone could tell me what bolts are needed and maybe evens where they go, it would save me heaps of time.

Thanks.