Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Boone, NC

The best source I know of covers all of western NC, and it's the Iwanna. They sell print editions for $1, or you can go on the website http://www.iwanna.com and click the Asheville edition. They have the phone numbers marked out on the ads online unless you pay $1 online, but it's the same as the print edition. Best classified source available for any car you want to buy (it's how I got my $250 GL-10 wagon).

I always see a lot more subaurus in general there than I do anywhere around here. There are a bunch of EA cars on the road. Many of them are in good shape despite the tough winters they get there. So I thought he should be able to find something that will fit the bill. His driveway is quickly becoming a formidable mud run. With this mild winter they have had a lot of mud. Its a testement to Hondas that he can get up it at all.

A 4wd sube would do it effortlessly. And if he got a wagon he could load it up with firewood too rather than stuffing the trunk and backseat of his honda. He said he didn't want a truck because of gas mileage so the subie is a natural fit.

:lol: Go into the Mast General store and ask, they probably have a new one out the back:lol: .

Great town, nice people.

Its funny you mention that. I was walking out of Mast when I saw (I actually recognized the sound of it first) a pristine ea82 4wd wagon. It was perfect. Shiny, no dents, white wagon wheels with all of the centercaps. THis is not all that unusural a sight in Boone but I haven't seen one like that in ages around here.