Ultimate Subaru Message Board

finally bought some tires...(picture)

scrap487

yeah, went out, bought some 29x10.50x15 TSL/SXs... they're gonna be here on monday or tuesday, and then its all about finding a place to mount and balance them for cheap/free :banana::burnout::headbang:

man, 4wheelparts wanted TWENTY BUCKS A TIRE to mount an balance, such a rip off, it dont take half an hour to mount and balance 1 tire.

tires_.JPG

Judging by the picture, you might want to re-think your tires, these ones look pretty low quality!

Good buy, are you going to weld up the rear diff. to let these suckers bite as hard as they can?:headbang:

not for a couple months... might see if I can find a spool or something for the rear, and adapt nissan locking hubs to work. although I s'pose I'll end up just taking an axle out when I'm on the street.

I'd pay the $20. Cheapest I can find in town is $10 a tire, and i usually have to pay 2 or 3 times cause his ballancing machine SUCKS. I found another guy that will do it for $15 a tire and he's usually really good. But $20 isnt bad, expecially if they have a good ballancing machine. Tires that big are gonna be a pain in the rump roast to keep ballanced.

-Brian

that big? they are only 29s. my jeep had 32s on it and they never had a problem balancing those, same with my dads trucks. I know a bunch of shops that will do it for 40-50$ total with decent machinery, but I'm hoping I can convince one of my friends to do it that works at an auto shop or someone in the auto program at my school... my school has pretty sweet equipment, I think all the tire and brake stuff they got from ford new a few months ago.

Not to promote Walmart, but doggone - Just last week, I hand carried in 4 new tires that I bought online into Wally and they mounted, balanced, and installed for $9.76/ea, and I get a lifetime balance and rotation. Came to $52 OTD with new valve stems. :burnout:

man, 4wheelparts wanted TWENTY BUCKS A TIRE to mount an balance, such a rip off, it dont take half an hour to mount and balance 1 tire.

right, you're only thinking of it from a customer's standpoint.

everything's set to an "amount of time" that it takes. if an exhaust on an impreza normally takes 1.5 hours, but i've done so many that i can do it in 15 minutes, then why should i get screwed just because i have experience??

trust me, the majority of the time your car's in the garage, it's just sitting there, probably already done, while you wait in the waiting room for aother hour.

that's just how it is brotha

heh when i need tires mounted i just go to my old high school... have a chit-chat with the teacher and i put the tires on myself or i get one of the students to do it...(i don't tend to trust the students...)

but ya... 10 bucks CND... mounted and balanced...4 or 5 tires... i just tell him 'a set of tires' and off i go... old tires disposed of for 1.25...