Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What would you pay for this?

[ATTACH]3659[/ATTACH]It is a 85 GL wagon. Guy says it still runs and drives. Guy wants $450 or best offer. I am thinking more like free. I have gotten better Subies for free! I have all the parts I need to fix it. Same color too.

He's smoking crack - he'll never get it. Maybe in un-wrecked condition, or if he parted it out he might get close to that from the parts alone. No one wants it looking like that for more than $100. Not here on the left coast anyway. If it's worth so much, then why doesn't he fix it and drive it himself?

God I hate people like that - he should look at KBB - probably not worth much more than $450 before it was munched. Write it off - he's not someone you want to deal with.

GD

I'm a big fan of the ea82 wagons, but even so, I know that they arent real hard to find and its not like its a brat or something. I can't see why someone would pay $450 for that one when there are better ones for less. I think it would be awesome if you gott it and fixed it, but you shouldn't have to pay much if anything for it. Stick to your guns. Either he'll get in touch with reality or you'll find something better. Getting emotionally attached to cars can be expensive.

Hey I would not pay a dime for it. I have gotten 2 GL-10 wagons that both had mechanical problems for free in the past 2 years. Fixed one and sold it and I parted the other one. No way I would pay for it. I just thought it would be intersting to fix since I have pretty much all the parts in the right color just sitting around. I told him I would take it off his hands for free if he had no takers. He said he would keep that in mind. I will just have to see about that though.