Ultimate Subaru Message Board

can you sleep in the back of brat?

Edrach had slept in the back of his brat with a canopy I know... but I kinda woke him up once :rolleyes:

I think the wagons are a much better choice if you are expecting to have to sleep in it. I know my car is New-Gen but if you look inside the back window, you will see the pile of curtains I have made for my wagon. See, I actually live in my Subaru. A 4ft bed would be way too short to be comfortable, even for 5'7" ole me. . .

The bed of a Brat is quite a bit longer than 4' my new gen friend. A Baja it is NOT. It's well over 5 feet as I recall, and definately over 6 with the tailgate.

With the tailgate down, you could sleep in it - if your goal is to be off the wet ground - not going to be terribly warm, but you could string a tarp or a poncho over the bed for a rain-fly. A bit of foam on top of a carefully selected bit of plywood (both for insulation, and to cover the ridges in the bed steel) and you would be good. I'm 6'2", and I would attempt it.

GD