Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will RX fender fit my Gl?

Well when I finaly found a junk yard with some soobs and while looking I came aross a RX coupe. I want to know if it will fit my sedan an 87 Gl. Also It has a body kit will the front air dam fit on my car. The side skirts won't obviously but what about the back.:D

Well when I finaly found a junk yard with some soobs and while looking I came aross a RX coupe. I want to know if it will fit my sedan an 87 Gl. Also It has a body kit will the front air dam fit on my car. The side skirts won't obviously but what about the back.:D

Why is it obvious that the side skirts won't fit? THey fit on a wagon

Yes, with a little work, it will all fit.

(No side skirts in this pic, but you can see the RX grill and front lip)

82Picture_116.jpg

Hmm, not bad the grill was trashed wich would have been nice to have. I will probly grab the front though as it doesent look bad by its self.

so does the fender fit. I will only have the problem of takeing it off as I have to find out how to remove the front bumper.

the whole "bodykit" will fit with some modification, not to bad though. if its the passenger side fender that your replacing... you may have a little fun and remove your lower intake box.. some other tricks go along with that but... it opens up some more airflow

rllywgn

all fenders fit the same. i have a gl-10 sedan fender on the rx 3door

if you are using the rx fendes get both! as the rs fender has the holesandthe mounting for the air damm

on my rx i had to make holesin the gl-10 fenders

once the bumper is removed there are all your bolts. if they break off the junker no problem, but be careful on your car! expect to break one or a few, use pb spray and work the boltsback and forth, dont torque them too hard

alsoopen the doors to get at the bolts on the rear half of the fender

Well ok then, I just hope it isn't a pain in the a$$ to get off. How is the bumper removed. I won't have a problem removeing bolts, its the screws that will be hard to get out as they always seem to rust in there and wont budge.

On each side of the radiator on the frame rails are a pair of big bolts. They hold the bumper on. 4 total. I think they are 14mm heads.

Don't worry about the screws on the underside of the bumper. All they do is hold the plastic cover on. I found that out after 5 hours of stripping, extractions, and broken drill bits.

Take MilesFox's tip on using the RX fenders if you are putting the front air dam on.