Ultimate Subaru Message Board

idea for correcting bad camber...

scrap487

are there longer axles fitted to any other car that may be adapted? maybe just the axle part itself, without the joints.

i was going to research this but I just dont have the money or the time to be pulling axles apart of differant cars right now. what would be ideal are some telescoping axle shafts. I know theres some places that can get them for toyotas, but other than that I dont know.

as for the mountain, I was up on tuesday and it was snowing and it was just like a GOOD winter day, wasnt like spring skiing at all.

i was going to research this but I just dont have the money or the time to be pulling axles apart of differant cars right now. what would be ideal are some telescoping axle shafts. I know theres some places that can get them for toyotas, but other than that I dont know.

as for the mountain, I was up on tuesday and it was snowing and it was just like a GOOD winter day, wasnt like spring skiing at all.

heres a pic of a shaft thats way overkill as a visual aid

it doesnt need to be much longer id guess 10mm or so. it depends how long the new arms need to me.

pictures_9-11-04_107.jpg

pictures_9-11-04_107.jpg

:eek: that is BEEFY :eek:

how to make it work on a subaru.... :burnout:

anyways I'm gonna have a couple oppurtunities to do a little research on this fairly soon. if we can find an inexpensive solution for axles that will allow us to use longer control arms or greater angles... I cant even imagine what it would do for the soob modification community...