Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SVX owners, tell me about your soob.

I am currently driveing an 87 Gl-10 turbo sedan and well if I ever have to part with this car and could no find another one have thought about maybe looking for an SVX. This wont be anytime soon but I like to have info if I just so happen to run across one.

I just want to know the basic stuff like

-HP and Torque

-fuel economey est and what you all are getting

-I have only seen them in Automatics and have wonderd if a 5 speed was avilable.

-Along with the auto's I have heard of problems with the trannys if so what.

-Also what models are there and how about some options, like leather, heated seats and what not.

-And last but not least are they all AWD or are they FWD also.

If I forgot to list anything I will ask agin but this looks like all of it so if you could get back to me about this stuff I would greatly appreciate it.

I am currently driveing an 87 Gl-10 turbo sedan and well if I ever have to part with this car and could no find another one have thought about maybe looking for an SVX. This wont be anytime soon but I like to have info if I just so happen to run across one.

I just want to know the basic stuff like [see below]

If I forgot to list anything I will ask agin but this looks like all of it so if you could get back to me about this stuff I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi. I have a '94 SVX LSi

-HP and Torque : ~240 off the lot IIRC

-fuel economey est and what you all are getting : I've heard of people getting ~30mpg. The way I drive I get about ~22mpg

-I have only seen them in Automatics and have wonderd if a 5 speed was avilable. : Only came in AUTO. Some people are doing 5 and 6 speed swaps out of WRXs.

-Along with the auto's I have heard of problems with the trannys if so what. : Heat is an issue. If you're hard on the auto tranny in this car expect to be doing work or replacing it. An aftermark tranny cooler and frequent fluid changes will help prevent these problems.

-Also what models are there and how about some options, like leather, heated seats and what not. : L, LS, LSi. I have an LSi.. It's leather/suede, power everything, Moonroof. For some reason I don't have the seat heater.

-And last but not least are they all AWD or are they FWD also. : A few SVXi came as FWD too, I'm not sure if they were only L's or not.

I hope this helps. Anything more you should check us out over at www.subaru-svx.net