Ultimate Subaru Message Board

producing a third eye...

I was wondering if anyone had considered making a third eye rather than ripping one off of an older soob? I've been thinking and it doesnt seem like it'd really be all too hard. If I ever make myself some fiberglass fenders or hood or anything I might even think about making some molds of the eye cover and duplicating the brackets n everything. any interest/suggestions/conversation?

OOPs wrong forum... someone wanna move to older/prehistoric generation please?

although one time when I was out rallying on this back road up to my farm I got a nasty rock chip in it, so i guess if you really want you could keep this in offroad :lol:

Sounds like a good idea to me.Make something that you could adapt to anything.I like the idea of fiberglass hood and fenders or carbon.:)

I'm not too likely to make fiberglass fenders at the moment, althought I may make a hood because if I ever stuff a tcase on my rig and bring the engine back up where its supposed to be I will have some clearance issues.

I like the idea. Wouldn't be too hard to make a custom grill guard and mount a driving light in the middle. Getting it to flip open automatically... maybe harder.

On custome making fenders. I saw an old EA81 that someone had put the bumpers and front fenders and hood from some '40's car on. Just screwed them on over the existing ones with roofing screws. Looked pretty bizzarre.