Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Diagnostic connector location and shape 87+

Could someone with a 87+ EA82T verify the location and connector shape for the diagnostic connectors.

86 EA82T has two of them under the dash that look like this. There is also two under the hood.

Red and White:

P1010007.JPG

I need to know if they are the same shape and if they are under dash or underhood.

dylan - there are green and black connectors in the trunk by the ECU. i can post pictures. these are for read memory mode and diagnostic mode and clearing the memory - are those the same functions the connectors you posted serve?

there are also two other harness plugs in the engine bay that i believe to be diagnostic but they are completely different. one is brown, forgot to take a picture of them last night.

and HEY get to work, that still looks like an automatic pedal assembly!!! ha ha.

Rats guys, I pulled the 87 wiring diagram and there is no connectors:

See 86 Red connector (DIAG CONN 1) has direct TPS wiring:

connector.jpg

See 87 TPS wiring - no DIAG CONNECTOR:

87connector.jpg

So what does this all mean to you? No easy Megasquirt plug and play harness for 87+ HAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

Just kidding guys. I'll have 85-86 EA82T plug and play Megasquirt harnesses available soon if anyone needs one. 87+ is going to be trickier, it will take destroying ECUs for the plug unless someone has some fancy ideas.

Thanks for the help 87+ guys!!!

Though mine is not a Turbo, nor an 87, my green connectors are exactly where yours are, and my white connectors are under the hood, by the fuel filter.

One time, my old mechanic in Cali hooked up a Snapon code reader (ancient) to one of the connectors under the hood (cant remember which one) It may be the brown one Gary is talking about..

Wow that car looks nice!

i helped him with the windshield replacement and hub bearings. then in my mastery of all things vehicular i told him painting it himself was a bad idea. he kept asking me about painting and i couldn't believe he was even considering using cans. glad he proved me wrong, i learned alot that day about what i "know".

http://www.xt6.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5307&highlight=xt+turbo

here's a picture of my 87.5 XT Turbo engine bay. i'm at work and can't zoom in or i'd try to narrow down the two connectors on top the drivers side strut tower. sounds like this is not even close to the 86 set up so it doesn't matter based on what you found. but these connectors must be for something?