Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ideas for color of fenders...

both fenders on my 86 subie wgn are trashed, dont see the color very often in the pap(beighish yellow), so was thinking of going to another color for the two...any ideas? i was thinking black but dont know how many years they made black....anyone have color type program showing what different colors would look like as just the fender?

get any fender and then paint them. or repaint the whole car... I think except on beaters or cars that are built up to see abuse(like mine) mix and match, even if some stuff is carbon fiber, just looks real cheesy.

need both fenders...dont see the color very often in junk yards...was thinking of using another color in place of the current beighish/brown...was wondering what other color might not look too bad on the car...say for instance black...

my hatch's front end gradually turned from light to dark blue in the course of several months after an incident with a lifted ford ranger in the parking lot ( i wasnt in the car at the time), and an altercation with a light standard after a hot coffee spilling.

i'd say it looks alright still.

a can of spray paint costs $3 depending on your area,just mask of everything near fenders and see what color you like or try MSpaint or something to get the general view of your idea.

And if you can't find the exact color of spray paint in a store, you can go to certain body shops or auto supply stores that carry GOOD paint, and have them mix the actual factory color and put it in spray cans. Will cost a bit more, but it'll be the correct color.