Ultimate Subaru Message Board

found a 83 a/t brat in a local yard,what should i grab

i found a 83 brat in a local yard , what other engine parts should i grab , dist + carb is gone, rims are gone, so far what i have grabbed was jumpseats, interior stuff, wiper motor, bed trim, locks/keys, door panels, safety belts inside, outside molding , headlight stuff, 1 good fender, grill, :banana:

Tailgate and bed trim. Not for me, but those items are in demand.

i found a 83 brat in a local yard , what other engine parts should i grab , dist + carb is gone, rims are gone, so far what i have grabbed was jumpseats, interior stuff, wiper motor, bed trim, locks/keys, door panels, safety belts inside, outside molding , headlight stuff, 1 good fender, grill, :banana:

I really could use a passenger side taillight lense.

ok, the bottom of the tailgate is alittle rusty , bed trim is good, thing is this brat has been sitting there a few years and only 1 other person has touched it + a xt4 mpfi motor fwd , only thing gone is the radio and they did not know they had it :banana:

• 1 month later...

I have a 1986 Brat, and I can tell you what I need is an ignition switch, can get one at auto parts store for non tilt wheel, but no help to me, I also need roll bar, trim for passenger door handle, fuel door, headrests and seat belts for jump seats, and tailgate latch. So these are items I would suggest that you grab. Lucky find, where I live there are no salvage yards with subaru brats at this time.

Everything that's good around the roof, and bed area - including t-tops, moldings, bed access panels, rear mud flaps, and as above tailgates, trim etc. Get the door window glass, and the rear slider, plus any headliner you can, and all the trinkets that go with the t-tops (sun visors, seals latches, etc). Oh !sht strap if it's not gone.

If you are really down for some fun - grab the fuel pump and it's shelf under the Brat - that is distinct to the brat body.... MPFI XT engine.... maybe they bypassed the stock pump or removed it tho.

Don't waste your time with junk that can be had off any EA81 unless it's really, really nice. The mentioned ign. switch for example - waste of time since any EA81 GL will have that. Door handles too.

Don't mess with drivetrain bits unless you need them - again same as any EA81 out there.

Everything forward of the doors (including the doors) is the same as any EA81 out there. Seats are slightly different than other models (still suck like all EA81 seats :rolleyes:), so if they are good grab them.

Can you tell I've stripped a few Brats? :eek:. Owning one helps too....

GD