Ultimate Subaru Message Board

FWD Turbo 4eat XT? Rare?

There has been an XT just sitting (exact same spot)at a local garage for about 3-4 years now. Every once in a while, when I have a car in for inspection or something, I'll ask what the story is, and if they want to get rid of it. Finally, last week they said that the person wants to get rid of it, and would probably take $100 for it. It is only FWD and has what appears to be the 4eat by the shift console, and it has the vent on the hood so I'm assuming it's a turbo. I didn't look too closely at it, but there defenitely are some rust issues with it on the body. Guy says it will start right up if he jumps it. I didn't ask anymore questions at the time, but I'm thinking I might stop back and take a closer look. So, is this car rare? I don't think I've ever seen one before.

Keith

I have an '89 xt, fwd, non-turbo ea82 mpfi with the 4eat auto trans and I have to say that this is the first auto trans car that I enjoy driving. The car gets about 26 mpg and shifts very smoothly. 173K on the vehicle, no oil drips, no rust and the car drives like a slot car = cheap fun.