Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another mudrat bumper through a wreck...

superu

So I was in an accident saturday morning, driving my '95 legacy.

A 17yr. old girl whipped across my lane, following her frined into a parking lot, NEVER seeing me. Her friend made me take my foot off the gas, but she never had a chance, following so closely.

I was doing about 35, left 50 ft. of skid marks, and broadsided her about as sqare as one could hope for (under the circumstances).

First thing and most important thing, NO injuries, just a shaken and scared girl.

Next thing and most fun thing, I promoted her Geo tracker to undrivable, but luckily didn't flip her over.

My legacy sustained, get this, a bearly nudged fender and about a half inch buckle in the hood. Ooh yes, a cracked wind fairing, but no broken or even cracked headlight assembly. It did tear off my license plate.

I pushed in her passenger door at least a foot, bent the heck out of her rear axle, buckled the door inoperably, and left her vehicle undrivable.

So I've joined the small list of mudrat bumper carnage, and fully support and promote his designs! Good work John!!

post-9686-136027607387_thumb.jpg

post-9686-136027607393_thumb.jpg

Today, right in front of me, I saw some jackass turn left (against a NO LEFT TURNS sign) right in front of an oncoming pickup truck. I "saw" the accident that didn't happen and still can't believe that the JA didn't get his sedan plastered all over the intersection. I was thinking, "crap. late for Pizza Night After Work At The Bar, put on the hazards, call 911 while getting out of the car, see if JA is hurt, see if anyone in the truck is hurt, wait for the cops, etc etc etc, man that pizza's going to taste good...

is there anything besides besides fenders that are bad with the your car?nothing that you wouldnt get from a proper off road trip...the car you hit is *P*UCKed

so then whos fault is it?I can see her because she failed to yeild,however it was your car doing the T boning

make sure your frame isn't twisted. my '85 had similar exterior damage from a tree incident while wheeling, but the reason the fender buckled, was the shape of the entire car had changed slightly, it never did track straight after that :-\

theres a pretty good chance I am wrong, but a geo tracker is differant from what you are thinking. I believe what you are thinking of is called a suzuki sidekick here and thats not what got tboned.. I dont know much about suzuki, but geo is owned by chevy or something along those lines.

Looks like the 'sidekick'

1990-98-Suzuki-Sidekick-92811031990104.JPGSidekick

Is also the

Suzuki Vitara in NZ, Japanese ones are known as the Suzuki Escudo,

Some examples....

001.jpgVitara

7cfb5da185_t.jpgEscudo

And the one we all know and love.....

Monster Tajima's rally escudo

Monster_Tajima.jpgMaybe not factory spec......

Anyway, my appologies for the hi-jack, Nice save from the bumper, Hope thats all the damage you've sustained.

is there anything besides besides fenders that are bad with the your car?nothing that you wouldnt get from a proper off road trip...the car you hit is *P*UCKed

so then whos fault is it?I can see her because she failed to yeild,however it was your car doing the T boning

that doesn't matter in the least. if someone runs a redlight at a 4way intersecting and the guy with the green t-bones the idiot, why would it be the green lighter's fault??

Next thing and most fun thing, I promoted her Geo tracker to undrivable, but luckily didn't flip her over.

I'd say you promoted her Tracker to the wrecking yard. See if you can score the drivers door for me, eh? Then you can find another one to clock from the other side so I can get a PAX door.

:grin:

that is absolutely hilarious!

that was one HARD hit... John sure can make em!

and FYI the geo tracker, suzuki sidekick and asuna sunrunner are all the same car... whacky GM and their different brands...:rolleyes:

that is absolutely hilarious!

that was one HARD hit... John sure can make em!

and FYI the geo tracker, suzuki sidekick and asuna sunrunner are all the same car... whacky GM and their different brands...:rolleyes:

either way, its going to a wrecking yard now :banana: