Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oh Snap!!!!

I connected my weber up,I blocked most of the lines that went to the craptachi.I still need to block the lines on the manifold but when I go to start it its like the throttle sticks in full throttle.

*start* instantly reves to redline.

what can I do to get a little more length in the cable so it doesnt think Im flooring it.If it would idle I would just about be done.please help.

edit:Car is a 1984 brat,adapter is from weber-redline(hehe)

You could go to the bike parts store and get a cable that is ofted used for derailers and brakes ect.You can get a cable bracket that will let you hook the 2 together to give you more length.May not be the answer you were looking for but just an idea.

Hi!

Also, first of all, disconnect the cable and then try to start the engine, using your hand to accelerate it, if it works properly, you can try to intall in the Weber, the original Craptachi Accelerator Plate, Also, maybe the Original cable bracket... I think it will work properly if you can fit it near the rear side of the weber itself (Just an inch away).

it did work for me. But my kit did came with a bracket that installs in both the rear bolts of the weber.

Good Luck! :)

fixed the cable and it sounds awesome.idles a bit high 1500(cold) 3000(hot)

however all of this was done to fix the issue I had(really underpowered) now it blows so much brown foam its unreal(comes out of right head breather) apparently there was so much pressure in the oil it blew the oil fill cover off.

definatly 100% headgasket failure.In deed putting water in the radiator when hot=steam out of right head breather(right as in passenger side head)

damn damn damn damn...

is your brat lifted at all? I got a massive coolant leak I THOUGHT was the intake gasket but I just totally took it apart, cleaned it, put it back together with fresh gaskets and sealent(for the second time) and its still leaking. I'm afraid it might be the headgasket but its coming from right underneath the intake manifold. the nice thing though, is if I have to replace the headgasket, with 6" of lift it is super easy access and should pull right out.

Good luck!