Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1984 Subaru GL turbo help.... need pictures

Hey, Could anyone who currently has an ea81 turbo car running, send me a couple of pictures of the top of the engine? I can't remember how the vacume lines hooked up in various spots, along with the PVC system, etc... Just need some pictures to use as refrence... I know theres a few people out there that have assembled running ea81t cars, it's much appreciated, thanks! :)

Hey, Could anyone who currently has an ea81 turbo car running, send me a couple of pictures of the top of the engine? I can't remember how the vacume lines hooked up in various spots, along with the PVC system, etc... Just need some pictures to use as refrence... I know theres a few people out there that have assembled running ea81t cars, it's much appreciated, thanks! :)

Mine doesn't run. Everything's SUPPOSEDLY plugged in right. :P

I've got a couple in my backyard that don't run but are fully intact, except one's missing the tranny. It's pretty nasty outside right now. If you still need them tomorrow and the sun comes out I could snap a few digital shots for you.

I'd be happy to help but I've never actually had much luck getting general photos from under the hood area that were of much use. Especially for vacuum hoses because they are often routed together and seem to dissapear behind other stuff. They are sometimes tough to trace even when you are physically looking under the hood. If you could pinpoint what you are looking for that might make it a little easier.

I'm sure a brief picture of the top of the moter will work well enough for me. I have all the parts and only can vaguely remember where they went. But all I need is a picture of the intake with, and if possible, without the 4wd turbo pipe on, the pipe blocks a few things, I also know a couple things plug into that pipe that I already know of. I know it's yucky out btw:grin: Speaking of which, without taking a picture someone can tell me this, On these cars, what is the stock location of the o2 sensor? is it in the cross over pipe? or on the down pipe before the cat? My exhaust system was modified to fit an ea82 turbo charger on it and thus, has a spot for an o2 sensor in both the cross over-pipe and down-pipe. Wireing harness only has a plug for one o2 sensor. I thank everyone for the help, and understand that it's crappy weather out right now. I'm hoping to get this car done by monday as I have no functioning vehicle right now.

Cool. Thankyou

Hmm... I think I just need to go back to bed. For a few months. Nothing seems to be working.

NOT EVEN THE FREAKING CAMERA. One shot, flash goes off, then it just sits there and beeps and won't do anything. Normally this is a sign of bad batteries. Take 2 brand new batteries and put them in... nothing.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

(It does this every now and then, and it will usually just randomly decide to start working again)

If looking at it will help you, feel free to swing by (with your spare ECU, if you've found it). I'm only a few miles up the road from you.

I won't be able to swing by until possibly later tonight, around 9:30 or 10pm. I have the ecu sitting in my t-coup right now, I can bring it by tonight if I make it there. All depends on if I can convince the person taking me home from work to drive me an extra couple miles or not :burnout:

Sorry to hear about the camera taking a dump on ya as well. Stupid technology!

I won't be able to swing by until possibly later tonight, around 9:30 or 10pm. I have the ecu sitting in my t-coup right now, I can bring it by tonight if I make it there. All depends on if I can convince the person taking me home from work to drive me an extra couple miles or not :burnout:

Sorry to hear about the camera taking a dump on ya as well. Stupid technology!

If it's in the name of testing, and you can't get a ride up here, I'll come pick you up. You've got PM.

• 7 months later...