Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wohoo... did some damage today

scrap487

well, I got the subaru up to the farm today. Quite a lot of fun, especially in between tightly packed trees... although 40+mph on rocky rough potholed roads isnt the best thing for OEM struts, busted drivers side strut, didnt come apart untill I was 20 miles away from home on the freeway :banghead: was wondering why steering was so loose and I pull over and look and the spring is sitting at a weird angle bent up against the firewall, the top part that holds the spring had broken off from the top of the strut, and everything was pretty chewed up. I have some pictures, will upload them later today.

I also put a pretty good dent in my rear passenger fender; totally destroyed my antena; and I found out my bumper is pretty darn sturdy, I hit a tree and put a pretty good dent in a piece of 2"x3/16" flat bar, everything else held up which is good. This thing totally blew my mind how well it did on some trails and in the trees off the trails and everything(on my farm), went places my nissan had gotten stuck in, and that were too narrow and off camber for my jeep(before I sold it)... and the turning radius kicks major rump roast :banana:

Trying to get a few people together to go wheeling in a couple weeks, sorry for pickin a date thats a little short notice but it wont be the only time if you cant go. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55434