Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea82 Backfire

the rally cars do it 4 fun

Rally cars do it because those engines run on the bristleing edge of blowing up, and they often do. the EA-82 runs on the bristleing edge of stalling from lack of power, i've been there.

A backfire is a sign of a poorly maintained vehicle, unless you have around 500 horsepower.

there are 1001 things you can do an learn about on your car, wanting to get it to backfire makes about as much sence as leaving a spark plug off at idle to get a funky "big cam" idle.

Rally cars do it because those engines run on the bristleing edge of blowing up, and they often do. the EA-82 runs on the bristleing edge of stalling from lack of power, i've been there.

A backfire is a sign of a poorly maintained vehicle, unless you have around 500 horsepower.

there are 1001 things you can do an learn about on your car, wanting to get it to backfire makes about as much sence as leaving a spark plug off at idle to get a funky "big cam" idle.

I get what your sayin. When there a races around i join in with my Ea82, others come in with theirs, wen they rev up like 3000 rpm n let go of the gas it backfires i dont know if im getting the write word for it, wen u ask they say we removed both cats n it started. i hv done dat to it was backfiring for a week then stopped. Blive me theses Ea82's r fast for their specs my be im using the wrong word may be its not backfire but there's this loud come back wen the gas is released some cars like the new wrx's flames comes out with loud bang especially wen braking n shifting.

Yes your using the right word. Backfiring it is. The WRX's could probably do it with ease if they messed with their fuel mixter and timing. Again, Im not sure you understand your engine.

Did you say your car was carburated?

-Brian

Yes its caburated. And this is my 3rd engine im building up this tym i wanted to try out stuff, the 2nd engine i built

I bored the engine put in over size Pistons, Pistons rings, valves which belong to a Legacy Rs (new from the shop) really makes a difference a lot of power only fuel consumptions has gone up which is bound to happen. So I should be in a position to know my engine just a matter of trying out new stuff