Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how much would you pay for struts?

ok so keeping this clean as possible(hard right now...) on sunday I ordered a pair of KYB GR-2 gas struts for my wagon, on the account I have at schucks they qouted me about 76$ each. Today I arrive, my dad goes to pick them up and they charge him $240 total and they wont take them back cause of some bs about special orders. ANYTIME you get a qoute, GET IT ON PAPER IN WRITING. I found out today that Napa can get them today for $89 a piece and Baxters can get them by 4pm for $85 each after calling around. I'm soo pissed off.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

well went back and talked to the manager and got them to match baxters price, I guess they might have taken a return but they really didnt want to ship them back to denver. Another thing, DONT order parts on sundays, it may very well be in TOWN if you wait till monday.

OUCHIES - next time call me first - the GR2's are 2WD non-adjustable front struts. You need the Monroe ones if you want the front adjuster nuts....

Think I paid around $75 a peice for GR2's from Discount Import Parts..... but of course that's a long, long time ago before I knew they weren't adjustable.

GD

OUCHIES - next time call me first - the GR2's are 2WD non-adjustable front struts. You need the Monroe ones if you want the front adjuster nuts....

Think I paid around $75 a peice for GR2's from Discount Import Parts..... but of course that's a long, long time ago before I knew they weren't adjustable.

GD

Its ok if they arent adjustable... I had them turned all the way down anyways.

special order my a$$....they still sell them, just cause subaru isnt as popular as honda means its all "special order" about $75 a piece sounds about right. i think the rears are a little more money IIRC.

~Josh~

naaah I have a torsion tube, I got some pro comp es3000 shocks for around $30 each if I remember right from 4wheelparts

I paid $32 for both of my front KYB's from a local junkyard.

And here's a secret about Kragen. They will beat anyones price by 5%. You shoulda called Napa 1st and then called Kragen and told them Napa had them for $90. Napa might have to call to confirm, but they will then adjust the price to 5% lower than Napa's.

Saves me a buttload on CV's :grin:

-Brian