Ultimate Subaru Message Board

atten member help threw a rod

ya dead serouse and no it happend at eleven at night the car is safe at home and it was at about 4-5k it threw it on the freeway

i just heard this loud ticking was like screw it then this loud thunk and i heard somthing fly off and go under the car then lots of smoke

:eek: Oh crap, that sucks Jeff. Could help you out if it was a 4cyl...have a few of those sitting around. Will keep my eye out for a 6. Last time I was at Colorado auto parts there was 2 sixes there but that was along time ago.

Anyone been there recently?

my oil pressure sender kicked the bucket a few months ago i just figured i'd hear the lifters allot more than i did if it was the oil pump went and this wasn't a lifter tick this had more substance behind it it was a knock not just the hla's

does any one know what eather yard charges for an engine?

the reason i'm not using the one behind the fence is the cylender walls have started to rust and i don't evean want to go there and it has 160,000 on the clock if i'm gonna put the effort in i'd like to put a lower milage engine in