Ultimate Subaru Message Board

longest strut inserts

970subaru

lookin to make a new setup for max travel. want to stay with close to stock height legacy struts and gain stroke rather than total height. I am NOT looking to run forester struts or outback struts unless they are needed for a longer strut cartridge. I want to maximize stroke versus total strut length.

anyone know what the limitations of legacy axles are as far as droop and stuff angle?

anyway, I was thinking to get some strut inserts for something with longer travel than a legacy. considerations would be fitting into a legacy strut body and legacy top hat. I am also wondering if some truck shocks could be modified to fit in a strut application.

lookin to make a new setup for max travel. want to stay with close to stock height legacy struts and gain stroke rather than total height. I am NOT looking to run forester struts or outback struts unless they are needed for a longer strut cartridge. I want to maximize stroke versus total strut length.

anyone know what the limitations of legacy axles are as far as droop and stuff angle?

anyway, I was thinking to get some strut inserts for something with longer travel than a legacy. considerations would be fitting into a legacy strut body and legacy top hat. I am also wondering if some truck shocks could be modified to fit in a strut application.

Well I think you're out of luck as far as travel, axle cant handle a whole lot and I dont think you can really get much out of struts... but I dont know for sure. The ea81s had a torsion tube and I got some 32" procomp es3000s. after reclocking my torsion bar last night I have a good 12"+ of combined up and down travel. Take your anti-swaybar(s) off, that alone will help quite a bit, other than that you're gonna have to get comfortable with lifting 1 or more wheels off the ground :)