Ultimate Subaru Message Board

do cvs click only on turns?

hatchy, dont spawn multiple threads for the same problem, and this is not offroad related. The search function is your friend, there are literally thousands of posts about bad axles and such on this board, dont want to create junk that gets in the way when people actually use the search function.

Anyways, it sounds like a bad axle, get under your car inspect your boots, grab the axles and see if there is any kind of play in them when you twist it. move them in and out from the car and make sure the action is smooth, if it is rough like its dry its probably a bad axle. The other thing you could check are your ujoints in your driveshaft, they dont normally go bad and they are pretty tough, grab your axle and twist and move it around and check for play in the ujoints. If you dont have the anti rattle clips on your brakes that will cause a clicking type sound too, but it wont be constant, will disappear when you are braking.

My rig has made all kinds of sounds over the years from squeeling wheel bearings to crunch clang bang BAM BAM! Especially when my front diff was going out, or my front CV fell apart and rattled around for two days before I found the prob:grin: .