Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need replacement struts xt6 what should I look for?

Ok Just bought a xt6 of of Craigslist in Ranier Or. $1200 beautiful pearl white good body (few dings) really light rust in places, 114k miles fully loaded. and 5spd. a really sweet car.

The bad is that the air shocks in the front are out, After talking to Richie about replacing the air shocks with regular struts he quoted me

90-94 4wd legacy or impresa for the front.

and for the rear xt 2wd or the 4wd sedan.

What is the best conversion?

Does anyone on the board have these? (what the price you are willing to sell them for?)

Does anybody know a yard that has them?

thanks for any input.

KYB AGX, 4 way adjustable and good.

What is this? on the xt6.net site that person was also talking about these, but is kyb agx the brand name or the part number ? What is the advantage of these over impreza struts?

Also note I am going to use this as dailly driver but every once in awhile I would like to rally it. I know Qman has a red xt6 and it looks like it is lifted what does he have on his ?

AGX are a replace strut, they will not come with the spring or top.

I just through out Legacy because that is how we did our first one, and it did not look too bad.

I will ask subiestyles when he comes by today, what would the best Imp be, 2WD or 4WD. There are quite a few of them at the UPullit in Damacus.

If we want to go with XT 2WD rears, I have a parts car here, would like to know more about turning over the strut mount from Rob, does that level the car out, or lower the back since the front of yours is already low? (basically what is the distance between the tire and wheel.

What is this? on the xt6.net site that person was also talking about these, but is kyb agx the brand name or the part number ? What is the advantage of these over impreza struts?

Also note I am going to use this as dailly driver but every once in awhile I would like to rally it. I know Qman has a red xt6 and it looks like it is lifted what does he have on his ?

the AGX are made by KYB. very good struts. they dont make these for the xt6, so in the front you will need the ones for a legacy, or an early impreza, wrx stuff will not work. the GR2 model is also very good.

Yard hunting paid off. Found a 92 legacy AWD with the front suspension so I grabbed them.

FYI the yard in Turner Or has one older soob about 85' wagon a XT and a XT6, two Justy's and some gen 3 wagons if anyone is looking.

This is one of the yards you can still go into for a buck.

Ok Just bought a xt6 of of Craigslist in Ranier Or. $1200 beautiful pearl white good body (few dings) really light rust in places, 114k miles fully loaded. and 5spd. a really sweet car.

The bad is that the air shocks in the front are out, After talking to Richie about replacing the air shocks with regular struts he quoted me

90-94 4wd legacy or impresa for the front.

and for the rear xt 2wd or the 4wd sedan.

What is the best conversion?

Does anyone on the board have these? (what the price you are willing to sell them for?)

Does anybody know a yard that has them?

thanks for any input.

For what it's worth, I have a pair of front air struts for an XT6. No leaks.