Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subies fit on QUAD TRAILS!

gunslinger

heres a couple pics of the quad trail that swervey and i found above my house in goldbar.

this is the powerline access road of course.....

IMG_1408.jpg

heres the trail. you can KINDA see it between the two cars. right now swervey's wagon is stuck. i bombed past him in the hatch and then we dug him out from the stump he was on. notice the power all the way at the bottom of the hill. it was a really long trail.

IMG_1409.jpg

and heres the top. where it dead ends into nothing. oh well, the whole thing was trying to see where it went.cascades in the background look great too.IMG_1411.jpg

anyway. most all of this was on private property. unbeknownst to us. signs up stated a "use at your own risk/use it dont abuse it" mantra. when we were up top downing a couple wonderful Miller High Lifes, a dude on a polaris showed up out of the trees and almost shat himself seeing these two economicaly - correct cars at the top of his quad trail. could NOT believe that we made it up the trail. turns out, we came off his land, crossed some crabby fellows land and ended up on his land again. said crabby fellow shoots at trespassers dude says. he said it would be in our best interests to scee-daddle so we did. he followed us down to the road that we came in on and his brother was waiting for us and we all stood there and had beers and talked s##t about said crabby fellow with the blatant disregard for firearms. both brothers stated that they wouldnt mind at all if we ran around on their property but since we had to cross crabby fellows property it probably wouldnt be a good idea. all shook hands and parted ways. good times. good times.

crossed some crabby fellows land and ended up on his land again. said crabby fellow shoots at trespassers dude says. he said it would be in our best interests to scee-daddle so we did. .

People who think land is "ownable" piss me off. It's there for everyone

and as far as subaru fitting on atv trails, that is by far, no news to any of us :banana: :banana:

A few of us did some atv trails at WCSS7 ...it's tight but do-able! Where can't a wagon fit ....the pioneers got wagons in places that would make most subies envious as well...

8346Climb2.jpg

and as far as subaru fitting on atv trails, that is by far, no news to any of us :banana: :banana:

+1

once I drove by this guy on an ATV trail and he just looked at me and said

"I've been riding this trail for 10 years and I have never seen a rig up here"

i just grinned and nodded knowinly.

i had no idea that subies can fit on atv trails........:grin:

i loved how easy it was to fit my gl on some of the atv trails i've visited..i'm also noticing it's the same with the leg wagon...

Sure..right after we arrived at WCSS7, we proceeded to hit the trails nearby..mostly quad sized and some single track. We just plowed through the jungle-like growth being sure to stay on the trails and keep the windows up, lest we get slapped by the branches and such. I didn't hear any complaints, so I guess fun was had by all:clap: .

Sure..right after we arrived at WCSS7, we proceeded to hit the trails nearby..mostly quad sized and some single track. We just plowed through the jungle-like growth being sure to stay on the trails and keep the windows up, lest we get slapped by the branches and such. I didn't hear any complaints, so I guess fun was had by all:clap: .

Yeah it was fun. I have tube doors so it was even better.:grin:

Yeah it was fun. I have tube doors so it was even better.:grin:

Yeah, I'm sure that was extra fun for you and Dalton going thru the bushes with the tube doors, and as an extra bonus, BRAT door openings are much bigger than (my) wagon doors..more bush-slapping action!:rolleyes:

here I am on that trail8346Scott_s_ride_3.jpg

I have a favorite place I like to take my friends with their ford and chevy rigs. You come around a bend and there's just enough room between two boulders for my soob to fit, but mr. f and mr. c aren't going to make it.:grin:

here I am on that trail8346Scott_s_ride_3.jpg

I remember it well, I just barely squeezed thru it too...folded mirrors in, a couple of spotters...It was my Subies first technical offroad challenge...I cringed at the brushing....and then we hit tight stuff ....doh ! "my wife is gonna kill me for scratching the hell out of the paint...!" she didn't really notice much....Whew...! Now I just blast on thru like it's second nature...:grin:

Can't find the pix right now, but I've got a new dent on each side (and some bark still wedged in my door) from a 2-direction pass similar to the obstacle pictured above (but narrower), elsewhere in that forest. IIRC, I lost a centercap and a chrome ring on the first pass, found them on the second:banana: (thanks guys).

Lots-o-fun:headbang: .

Here it is Dave this one?

3967Lifted_In_Trees.jpg

You can see part of the tree on the right hand side that we had to fit between. My driver's side front tire is also about 6" from going over a burm and into nothing. This obstacle didn't help when I had no low range and no reverse either.:eek:

Here it is Dave this one?

3967Lifted_In_Trees.jpg

You can see part of the tree on the right hand side that we had to fit between. My driver's side front tire is also about 6" from going over a burm and into nothing. This obstacle didn't help when I had no low range and no reverse either.:eek:

:grin: Yeah, that's the place. Come to think of it, I don't remember any still pix of my rig there, just some video.