Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subies fit on QUAD TRAILS!

gunslinger

I'm all for pushing the limits.

<Start Rant>

However, this is a bad trend. I ride many single track motorcycle trails (legally restricted to M/C only) that people have taken quads on. Now it isn't singletrack anymore! Similarly, taking anything over quad size, on a legally designated quad trail, changes the trail into a road. This is the kind of stuff that gets areas closed to motorized vehicles! I've seen many areas closed over the years here in California, and it is very frustrating. The anti-access crowd says: "see, the BLM/ForestService/StateOrganization can't properly manage their trail area, so it must be shut down", and this argument works all the time!

<End Rant>

I wouldn't take "Summer" anywhere it was not suppose to be.

I don't want the fish cops to seize it.

However if it's not restricted (to ATV-Cycles) I'm good to go!

Nothing worse than trying to ride a Cycle in a two track trail.

I'm all for pushing the limits.

<Start Rant>

However, this is a bad trend. I ride many single track motorcycle trails (legally restricted to M/C only) that people have taken quads on. Now it isn't singletrack anymore! Similarly, taking anything over quad size, on a legally designated quad trail, changes the trail into a road. This is the kind of stuff that gets areas closed to motorized vehicles! I've seen many areas closed over the years here in California, and it is very frustrating. The anti-access crowd says: "see, the BLM/ForestService/StateOrganization can't properly manage their trail area, so it must be shut down", and this argument works all the time!

<End Rant>

i would LIKE to reply with BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..... go ride your bicycle. :rolleyes: BUT, i will instead say this...

agreed.... to a point. trails do need to be respected if they are specifically designated. if youre in an area where there is no "designation" such as reiter, then anythings game.

and private land is a whole other story. anything goes there if youre not trespassing.