Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gonna see how good aamco really is....

Good Luck.

Had the local Aamco rebuild the 5 speed gearbox in my 74 Fiat 124 spyder back in the mid 80's. They must have put the gearbox in and out at least 4 times. Finally wound up just installing a complete used gearbox. The bill was in excess of 6 or $700, and they attempted, again, I say attempted to make ME feel bad for THEM for all the work they did for such "little" money.

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Aamco. Just my experience, hope yours is much better.

I think it really depends on the franchise owner/manager. I have heard many horror stories about Aamco, but also know a family friend who has a large Aamco shop in another state that has done very well for many, many years and bent over backwards to help people and stand behind his shops work. hope it works out for you

I had my wagon's tranny flushed at Aamco. So far haven't had any problems, but they tried to tell me a whole bunch of BS...

"We hear a noise in the front that could be the front differential..."

"It's actually the wheel bearings."

"Yeah, could be those too..."

:rolleyes: