Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have too much free time.

well, as the title says, i have a lot of free time. ive been playing around with the rx a lot in the last few months and well, now that i found my camera, i have pics to share.

here is the shot from when i first got the car home, before i even registered it.

rx1.jpg

and this is the rx now....

DSCF0025.jpg

and the engine bay

DSCF0017.jpg

and now the front

95e4229a.jpg

now aint that pretty:grin:

Freakin' sweet. I know showing off the FMIC looks awesome, but I think you should put some shielding in front of it! Like some expanded aluminum, even if it had 1/2" holes through it, it would protect it from the debris that would do damage.

Justin Johnson

P.S.: I'm jealous.

:eek: wow,:slobber: I want it. Thats it you have helped me make up my mind. I want another turbo sedan. Five speed though. I like it alot, it looks great, I like the sedans better than the rest of them.

I thought you were talking about being bored. I got bored in study hall today, so I printed some of those paper soob cars on here and made one:rolleyes: My friend thought I was crazy but when he found a brat he made one to.:D

Freakin' sweet. I know showing off the FMIC looks awesome, but I think you should put some shielding in front of it! Like some expanded aluminum, even if it had 1/2" holes through it, it would protect it from the debris that would do damage.

Justin Johnson

P.S.: I'm jealous.

i am planning on trying to get the 97ish impreza l bumper skin mounted onto the car. that will surrund the core and expose the entire thing, at the moment the bumper covers over half of the core.

pity i forgot to get pics of the turbo, i have a mildly polished td04 in there, its perty.

I can't really tell in the head on pic, but if you don't have some holes bored in your bumper in front of your intercooler then its not doing anything. Airflow = cooling, no airflow = no cooling. I like the idea of expanded aluminum, maybe painted to match the bumper. By the way, I'm WAAAAYYYY jealous!!!:slobber: :slobber:

wow, nice! didnt know you ditched the TT side mount ic idea. whered you get all your plumbing and the ic?

that was the problem, i couldnt find the plimbing to make the audi corner mounts work. i found the entire kit for an 04 wrx on nasioc. got everything for $400. granted, i did have to trim some of the pipes to make it fit. i also had to cut out the entire center section of the front bumper and build my own bumper beam out of peices of angle iron. when i get the new bumper skin on the car, it should look much better.

i still have the tt intercoolers if you want to buy em.

would it be possible for you to rotate your turbo so that you can reduce the length of the piping before the intercooler?

it would be more trouble than its worth. especially concidering that i am getting a wrx down pipe and exhaust, aftermarket bits of course.

did you get your steering wheel and adapter at work, tim? how much was the adapter if so? (w/o your discount)

what adaptor, i made my own. grant makes one but its like $50 or something like that. my adaptoir is my stock wheel. i just cut off the base and bolted it up to the wheel hub.

Sweet ride, wish mine was that tidy. Are you gonna put on a TD04??

What have you got going into the bonnet, looks like black wires near the middle, closest to the windscreen?

That kinda looks like the rally lights power wires that are on his bonnett(hood).

jerry hit it on the head with that one. those black cables going up are for the lights.

and i have already put the td04 in the car. it is kinda visable in the back there, look for the wastegate and then look for polished aluminum belw it. and yes, i did polish the compressor housing.

for right now, i am trying to figure out the msd 6a igniton box i got latnight, i installed it last night and it didnt start yet. so time to go troubleshoot.

Sweet ride, wish mine was that tidy. Are you gonna put on a TD04??

What have you got going into the bonnet, looks like black wires near the middle, closest to the windscreen?

still waiting for those bumper pics;)

sorry man, i didnt take any shots of the bumper beam. thatsway too much effort to pull the skin just for some pics. ill make sure to get pics when i change the skins though.

on a side note, the rx is running great with the msd ignition in it. the engine is nice and smooth now, i like it.