Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have too much free time.

Hey man, thats a sweet ride you got, did you fix up the damage to that quarter panel in the second pic?

Im interested to know how the intercooler is and how you did the piping, where did u slot it through?

I have a toyato soarer as a top mount, i keep tossing up the idea of a front mount but there is no space for it, i would seriously have to grind some metal to get pipes there. did you change the radiotor? tell me the trick :brow:

Hey man, thats a sweet ride you got, did you fix up the damage to that quarter panel in the second pic?

Im interested to know how the intercooler is and how you did the piping, where did u slot it through?

I have a toyato soarer as a top mount, i keep tossing up the idea of a front mount but there is no space for it, i would seriously have to grind some metal to get pipes there. did you change the radiotor? tell me the trick :brow:

that dent in the second shot just happns to fit a u.s. men's size 9 converse all star right shoe. i did head gaskets with the engine in the car and got a little irritated when the cam carrier wouldnt got back on right.

like ive said before, the intercooler and piping are all in a kit for the '04 wrx. but unlike the wrx, you have to cut holes for this one to work.i had to move the battery to the trunk as the cold side pipe comes through in the center of the battery box. and the hot pipe from the turbo goes through just about where the air box draws air from the fenter, granted mine was cut out for a cold air intake.

the trick to making this work is being able to creatively cut out chunks of the car without either ruining the integrity or having a heart attack.

the entire center section of my front bumper had to be cut out, the beam went trough the area of space that the intercooler core now inhabits. i then went to the hardware store (or had my friends go for me) and got some 1"x1" angle iron (steel of course), and 2" flat stock, all of which was about three feet long. i have a peice of the flat stock welded flat ontop of the bumper beam and that is where i have the core bolted up. i took two peices of the angle iron and welded them together to make a c channel then boxed it in with the flat stock. o welded the box section at the top front edge for the bumper beam. the actuially made for a very strong bumper. kinda heavy though.

i didnt have to change out my radiator, but i did have to take out the little peice of metal thatruns in front of it that supports the hood latch and the little peice of trim over the bumper. i need to get that bit back in there, the hood is a little floppy at speed without it. granted, the four hellas dont help that any.

but yeah, all these additions to my car have made a noticeable improvement. it feels as fast if not faster than my impreza rs.