Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Suspension and 5 Lug Swap

The Korean

front suspension use the xt6 lower control arms and tie rod ends. use the impreza axles, hubs, brakes, struts and what not.. the front strut tower bolts can be modified for impreza struts... just some grinding.. you may want to figure out something for an e-brake.. you will lose this when using impreza calipers..

rear suspesion you need the hub, rotor, and backing plate from a xt6 and your good..

rllywgn

Well Korean, in order to use the Impreza stuff in a EA82 car, here's the following link that I put together. It might be of some use.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50400

It gives basically all the parts you're going to need from either an XT6 or an Impreza/Legacy car. If you need some help figuring out the parts, just gimme a shout either here or over on awdpirates. My '89 RX turbo has '95/'96 Impreza stuff in the front.

If you need some parts, let me know since I got a '96 Impreza parts car that I'm trying to get rid of... plus I got a few other parts as well...

could you clarify how much of the GC8 impreza front end I need please- is it the whole thing or parts thereof? are these the same as a 96 legacy GT?

Its going to be just parts for the front end and yes, Legacy GT parts should work. You're ging to need...

front knuckles

front hubs/rotors

front calipers

front struts

front axles

front ball joints

You'll need to get the control arms and the tie rod ends from a XT6, there's no other way around it. The rear you need XT6 parts since nothing else will work.