Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 or ea82 cupholders that work great!! pics inside

i found these at the local rv store, and they work great. these are those universal cupholders you find in motor homes and 18 wheelers. these things are nice and strong. just look at the pics. thats a full king size BK cup, fits like a glove. everything still is very accessable with them there. you can also remove the cup without any spill-age.

i know this may seem like a simple little thing, but when you are driving, eating, and drinking its nice to have a place to put your cup;)

cupholders001.jpg

cupholders003.jpg

cupholders004.jpg

cupholders006.jpg

cupholders007.jpg

yup, sure did ruin it! but thats all covered up by the cup holder, and i am just happy to have the cup holders, as i usually have something to drink while i`m driving (not alcohal of course)

i have a couple extra blue door panels anyway;) even though i don`t plan on switching back

It's a nice idea really - but being tall, my knee is about in that location... although still might give it a whirl. I'll carefully remove the original vinyl from the door panel and recover it in cheap blue garbage from the fabric store first tho. Can't be too careful about saving the hard to find parts.... You realize that someone would have paid you pretty good for those? This is why you are getting a perfect ignition lock WITH door locks and original key from ME.... :rolleyes:

:lol:

GD

thanks for the ign, GD:D

my pop is 285 lbs, 6 ft 4" and i had him sit in there with the cup holders, and there is plenty of room:D

good to see that you take the time to save rare parts off of these cars. i do take care of my subes, especially the body. here in NY, that is what needs the most attention to prevent rust.:eek:

I usually just wedge my drink in between the 4WD lever and the handbrake in my turbowagon, or if I'm lucky enough to have a passenger I'll have them hold it :-P I have thought about cuttin a hole in the flat part of the dash and sinking a cupholder in there, but I'm afraid I'll cut into something or that it won't work and I'll end up with a hole in my dash.

I tried these a few years back. Everything is ok, until you close the door:-\

Then it splashes all over your leg:rolleyes: You need to hold the cup until you close the door.

:lol: boy, this guy wants everything:lol: jk

Nice cup holders jon, I wouldn't mind having a set myself! :headbang:

It's a real pain wedging my water bottle between the ebrake and passenger seat! :rolleyes:

Wait till you see the custom ABS Bolt in CD center console I'm working on! If it comes out good enough I'll pull a bunch of them. It tilts the CD player upward so it faces you, and has enough depth for modern aftermarket models in the little EA-81 area. I'm going to paint match it with the exterior. :D MY first 2 attempts failed missreble but I'm having high hopes for the third!

Speaking of rare and exotic EA-81 door panels, I'm not that fond of them myself, seems like they could have made them looks less guady some how! lol I've got an entire spare tan interior with two decent ones how much is that worth anyhow?

Fishums

Wait till you see the custom ABS Bolt in CD center console I'm working on! If it comes out good enough I'll pull a bunch of them. It tilts the CD player upward so it faces you, and has enough depth for modern aftermarket models in the little EA-81 area. I'm going to paint match it with the exterior. :D MY first 2 attempts failed missreble but I'm having high hopes for the third!

Chris, doesn`t your fathers purple hatch have one of those slanted radio consoles? that might be a good template to work off of if you are doing custom ones. that one in his hatch made room for a standard size cd player.