Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX progress...

I finally got some more tuning done to it today. I also got the brakes squared away so now I can stop, which is a plus, especially since...

THIS THINGS HAULS!

Got the timing set up and a few other little things but in 4low and 1st gear, she'll pull some major cookies, 3 wheels spinnin of course with bald 15" tires. Just incredible. Also, I don't have any issues with the way its running except a TOD. Power through the whole RPM range, good boost (10psi) and lots of power. I still have to adjust the clutch some but I got the timing set in good today, along with the AAV plumbed in, even though it looks like crap. I'm just so happy that all my hard work has finally paid off... now just to concentrate on the body some more:banana:

Took ya f'in long enough! but good job bro, better mob out here for WCSS8!

If the bodywork and paint is done before the show, I'll probably drive it out there depending on if I can get the time off, which I don't really see it being a problem.

A friend of mine who I used to work with at Wal-Mart just got back from Japan and he said before he left, that he was going to get me a catback for it.. woohoo true JDM exhaust! Now I need to get that on, get an alignment and get one more window for it and she'll be just about set.. oh and find me a STi scoop for it:D

I decided to keep the spoiler off of it, I think it gives it a cleaner look myself.

A friend of mine who I used to work with at Wal-Mart just got back from Japan and he said before he left, that he was going to get me a catback for it.. woohoo true JDM exhaust! Now I need to get that on, get an alignment and get one more window for it and she'll be just about set.. oh and find me a STi scoop for it:D

I am still looking for a sti scoop for you.Also that will be one sick car with a jdm exhaust!:slobber: I bet it will sound mean.I may have some connections with getting somethings painted on your car if you would need.I can get you a good deal.:)

I am still looking for a sti scoop for you.Also that will be one sick car with a jdm exhaust!:slobber: I bet it will sound mean.I may have some connections with getting somethings painted on your car if you would need.I can get you a good deal.:)

Thanks Jerry, keep me informed in what you find. As far as the paint and whatnot.... I work for the local GM dealership (Laramie GM Auto Center) in the collision shop so I can get pretty good eals on paint. I've been thinking about OPB that the STi's came in for the paint, instead of the regular black. Oh and can't forget the gold stripe and stars!:headbang:

the JDM exhaust I'm getting, a friend of mine who used to live in Japan, went back to visit for a couple weeks. He is also bringing back an engine for his '86 Corolla GTS twin cam 16 valve, also known as the AE86 in Japan. I'l have to give him a call to see if he was able to get it or not for me.

Ive got a STI in my garage I would let go cheaply. Its got a crack from the accident it was in but was pretty decent. Comes with the hood chunk too.

Sweet! Maybe I'll have to pick that up when I'm down there in a couple weeks. Not gonna be too hard for me to fix:D

And yes, thats what I ment was JBP.... where the hell did the OBP come from? I think that was on the Outbacks but I cannot remember:confused:

Oh and I forgot to mention...

NO CEL!!!!!:banana:

I think thats the part that makes me the happiest. SHe idles a little high though (about 1200rpm or so) so I think I'm gonna have to play with the timing a bit more to get it spot on. Heh, I also got those cams sitting in my shop for it too...... maybe when I go to change the oil again, I'll put those puppies in there:D

well I futz around with it some more tonight and rove around the neighborhood with no exhaust, heh. I played with the idle a bit after she warmed up but she doesn't want to idle properly now. She studders and then ends up dying. I did however have one guy in my neighborhood come over and talk to me about it a bit. He had the weirdest look on his face and was like "This sounds awesome! What is it? A Subaru???" Then I told him how much I've spent on it and he about crapped his pants. All in all, it was a good day, she gets up and move very nicely and has lots of power. Now I just need to get my cams put in there, get the fluids changed again, and a few other odds-n-ends done like EBC, etc.

I did get a couple about 2 months ago....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/2171799040067339125uICvyJ

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/2381973490067339125eJPOCR

These are the most recent pics I have of it. I also put the one window I have back into it but I need to clean it real bad....:-\ I have also put on some 15" steels instead of the 14's in that pics as well.