Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just bought a 1991 lagacy sport sedan with a turbo, and A/T 4 wheel drive... for $500.

Ive had legacy's before - non turbo, and ive had turbo loyal's but this thing is a blast to drive! it seems to be awesome!

Is there a difference between AWD and full time 4WD?(just asking - ive been a mechanic for over 7 years - just havent dealt with subarus that much)

I'm looking for some stats on it - i.e Hp, Torque, how much boost it has stock... or just some general comments...

Im assuming that I just got a good deal?

Thanks!

-Dan

I just bought a 1991 lagacy sport sedan with a turbo, and A/T 4 wheel drive... for $500.

Ive had legacy's before - non turbo, and ive had turbo loyal's but this thing is a blast to drive! it seems to be awesome!

Is there a difference between AWD and full time 4WD?(just asking - ive been a mechanic for over 7 years - just havent dealt with subarus that much)

I'm looking for some stats on it - i.e Hp, Torque, how much boost it has stock... or just some general comments...

Im assuming that I just got a good deal?

Thanks!

-Dan[/quote

I bought my 91 Legacy SS 5speed with 162K for 1900. this past January.

The only thing wrong with it then was it needed back brake pads and rear struts and tires. Replaced those items. No rust but crappy paint which I'm in the process of doing as we speak.

You are right, it is a blast to drive. I'd say you got a good deal.

Mike

how much you think my 93 leg wagon would be worth if i got it painted(has rust now) and with a rebuilded tranny and original engine that runs like brand new with 279,000KM? I AM CANADIAN!

ONE thousand dollars, maximum, IF you clean the inside real nice and do the windows too and fill the tank. Sorry, but it's the rust and the high KMs. This is my opinion!

But i saying OMG I JUST SPENT $5000CAN IN REPAIRS and its being paint so there shouldn't be any more rust and new tires, new tranny computer, VERY clean interior looks like new. So now how much prob $1015 right lol! O well im going to have to keep this car for a LOONG TIME after spending 5000 on repairs to make it new again.