Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tex's RX Thread for May... Teh last one evar!

This thread is a thread of Victory.

Its done. It drives. Its gone.

Spider intake was/is the devil, and is a waste of time. I'll stand by that to the day I die.

Zap, I'm sorry I put so much time and money into the car... I should of listened to you and bought an Impreza back when I blew the first motor. What can I say... I was young, dumb, and full of... (i'll let Jay finish that line)

What the car left with:

'86 Turbo engine complete, with 87+ stock manifold, wiring, ecu, etc...

USDM Legacy VF11

WRX Intercooler, BOV, downpipe, midpipe

Samco Y-pipe

Custom fuel system

XT6 flywheel and clutch

Five Lug conversion on coilovers

15" Steel wheels

Impreza front brakes with stainless lines

Supra rear breaks with rear e-brake

Apexi SAFC, Turbo Timer

Autometer Ultralite boost gauge

And my personal favorite... the '04 STi Hood Scoop.

So, inconclusion, I sold it. The new owner drove it away very happy. I was pretty happy, and a little sad... I went through a lot with this car, it was nice to see it finally run the way it was meant to run all along, but after putting so much tears and sweat into it, I knew I couldn't ever be happy keeping it.

So, I'm down to 2 scoobs now. The wagon, and the brat, and as usual, the wagon doesn't run.

Goodbye RX. Live long!

Wow.... that amazing Tex. For some reason, my spyder intake works without a hitch, I wonder what might have been up with yours? Anyways, congrats on getting rid of it since i know you've been trying to for a little while and hoefully the new owner will be very happy with it. I know I'm happy with mine now that the headaches seem to be over for the most part.

So what is your next car gonna be?:brow:

I don't think I'll pick up another car for quite sometime. Between the wagon and the brat I have enough troubles to go around. Also big things happening like buying a house, and getting married...

Wow.... that amazing Tex. For some reason, my spyder intake works without a hitch, I wonder what might have been up with yours? Anyways, congrats on getting rid of it since i know you've been trying to for a little while and hoefully the new owner will be very happy with it. I know I'm happy with mine now that the headaches seem to be over for the most part.

I think 90% of my problems were revolving around the TPS. Whether it was bad or what... It seemed to run best with the spider, with no TPS connected.

So is the new owner a member? Or will he be?

Ya... I've seen him around here before... ;)

we're all polishing turds...

turns out it has been 1 year and 9 days since I drove home with my new (to me) xt6 on a trailer in pennsylvania...

I paid $500 for the car, and a rediculous amount in gas for a truck and renting a trailer..

the car had bad transmission.

I pulled the tranny and installed one from a parts car I had.

I have about $2k into it total now and have driven it still less than a mile and a half in the 1 year and 9 days I have owned it.

it's a sickness.

<edit>

to be fair, this is a different situation, as yours was running crappy, and I just haven't really had time to work on mine

This thread is a thread of Victory.

Its done. It drives. Its gone.

Zap, I'm sorry I put so much time and money into the car... I should of listened to you and bought an Impreza back when I blew the first motor. What can I say... I was young, dumb, and full of... (i'll let Jay finish that line)

Goodbye RX. Live long!

I forgive you Tex.

Ken said that at first resisting legacy's. Ed too. Then it was Ken headstrong believing dumping $ into the XT6 would make it competitive. Till he went heads up against it with the stock impreza L that beat it.

And lately the big 4X brat. . . (you guys are gonna hate me over that one)

Good for you Tex. I know once the wagon is running, you'll be good and happy. (wink)

My argument against RXs will always be the same one. If Subaru thought they were such great cars, they'd still rally them.

• 4 weeks later...