Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt6 questions

'91 xt6...2wd, no air suspension, auto:

Two questions:

I have an electrical short somewhere...diminishes greatly when I remove the fusible link second closest to the driver...goes away completely when I then remove the fusible link second closest to the front of the car. Pulling fuses at the fuse box doesn't isolate it-any ideas?

Also, any suggestions for replacement lenses for the factory driving lights (in recesses under the turn signals/parking lights)?

replies are best to my e-mail: earldotcom@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Stewart

Just a wag but my guess is a bad alternator. Could just disconnect the heavy wire from the alternator overnight and then see if anything changed.

There are 4 or 5 fusible links. Each protects a circuit. Since you have checked the fuses this means this main circuit, the one that feeds the fuse panel, is not the problem. Offhand I don't know what circuits the remaining links protect but just guessing i would venture the alternator, steering motor and whatever. Once you have identified what circuit the problem link is protecting you can then zero in on the problem component.

Still believe you will find the alternator to be the problem.

Jeff could be a bit nicer about it, but hes just trying to be a recruiter, not shy you away from the usmb... but you still should join the xt6.net crowd, we rock. Can you describe what the short does to the car? As far as driving lights, I have had wally mmart specials on mine for about 4 years, and they work good.