Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whats My Loyale worth??

I know Bucky isnt worth much..being FWD and all..but he is just getting to be alittle to much for me right now...not saying he is a bad car...cause he has been about as reliable as they come..but I just cant keep up with him right now and drive him every day.

The bad:

Exhaust gasket keeps blowing through

leaks from the oil pan,one valve cover,and a cam seal

Oil seapage from one of the head gaskets

needs tires

and brakes are spongy sometimes

and has typical North eastern rust around rear (front is near perfect)

Just getting an idea...OH!! 195,000 miles

Yeah,sounds about right.Clean it up nice and park it on Rt. 7 right by the road,you'll get your buyer.

Sounds like you want to come down and do the fuel pump on the GLF :)

If you get desperate let me know ASAP.

Did Rory do a re-stud on the exhaust?I have ....I think one or two Timeserts left.Might have a Helicoil or two,but I prefer Timeserts for the exhaust.Either way I have the kit already.And I'm pretty sure I have extra Helicoils.

Yeah,sounds about right.Clean it up nice and park it on Rt. 7 right by the road,you'll get your buyer.

Sounds like you want to come down and do the fuel pump on the GLF :)

If you get desperate let me know ASAP.

Did Rory do a re-stud on the exhaust?I have ....I think one or two Timeserts left.Might have a Helicoil or two,but I prefer Timeserts for the exhaust.Either way I have the kit already.And I'm pretty sure I have extra Helicoils.

I used Helicoil on mine (EA71). Never tried Timeserts. Is there a difference in quality and performance? Helicoil I used is stainless.

Timesert will stay in when you go to drop the exhaust next time.A little pricey,but I think they're worth it.

Connie,hang in there! I have a feeling you'll be in a reliable car pretty soon,one way or another.

Thanks Paulyburger... Rory called me at lunch today and is going to look at the exhaust again and maybe work on some of the rust issues. I am also in negotiations with someone ;) about an awesome Impreza.....but I cant get my hopes up..we all know how that goes.

If Connie doesn't take those I can surely use them on the GLF,which she'll end up with eventually anyways.

If the GLF is somehow ready....which is possible...for Carlisle it'll be needing the tires.I simply will not embarass myself showing up at Carlisle with the rubber that's on there now.My buddy at Town Fair can hook me up too,but the only way to get a real deal is cash,which is going to be tight this week.

So,can I rent those 13's if needed?

Just tried to call you.You can call me now if you want to since you either don't get service of avoid me.:lol: Call up to 11PM or tomorrow right around 12:15 when I should be on lunch.

Timesert will stay in when you go to drop the exhaust next time.A little pricey,but I think they're worth it.

I agree - they are very nice, and put heli-coil to shame. My low cost solution is to tap the heads over to the next std size. The next size up (7/16" IIRC) taps in without drilling, and being that you have gone up a size in stud (or bolt - I generally use a bolt as they are easier to find), the clamping force and reliability go up by a good factor. It's worked well for me anyway - both on and off road.

GD

Sure you can rent 'em...10¢ a mile per tire :grin: I'll make sure you have decent rubber. They're on black steelies, trim rings and centers optional. You might want to come here to get them though (room is going to be tight on the way down with Keith's engine in the back)

Sorry I missed you. The phone didn't ring. Call you tomorrow...