Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ARGH!!!!! bad oilpump + running EA82T = .....

Not a good thing... was getting some more of the vacuum lines and such finished up on it and decided to take it out for a spin. Was runnin great, then power started lagging so I turned around and headed for home. 6 blocks from my house, a terrible terrible sounds came from my engine....

it went SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK and then stopped running... not it won't turn over for anything... bah, now I need a new engine....

Damn, did your engine start ticking like crazy before it happened?

does it turn over by hand?

What do you need, I may be able to help you. I have a few engines sitting around, just waiting for projects. But thinking EJ for the lifted rig, and a special built higher compression EA82T for the RX when I blow the JDM, so my spare engines might not ever get used.

well I edited my WANTED post so here's kidna the plan now...

MPFI NA EA82, gen 2 turbo heads which are on deceased engine, Delta 260 cams which are in my shop in cam towers and new seals, plus all of the extra bolt on stuff I have. 8.7:1 compression ratio plus those cams will make one pretty awesome engine...

Yes, she did start ticking really loud right before it died. Bah... what a day.

just thought i'd add that you don't need an mpfi block there were no differances if your going to change the heads you can use an spfi block and have no problems i believes

yes I know this, BUT the MPFI I believe has the higher compression ratio, plus it has the bumg on top of the engine thats threaded for the knock sensor. I'm gonna be looking into some of the differences of these engines still....

yes I know this, BUT the MPFI I believe has the higher compression ratio, plus it has the bumg on top of the engine thats threaded for the knock sensor. I'm gonna be looking into some of the differences of these engines still....

Plus, from the sounds of it, turbo and mpfi blocks have a breather on the crank case for the PCV... at least that's what I thought.

If the manual is to be believed, MPFI and Carb are 9.0:1 and SPFI is 9.5:1

All EA82s have the bung for the knock sensor.

If the manual is to be believed, MPFI and Carb are 9.0:1 and SPFI is 9.5:1

All EA82s have the bung for the knock sensor.

I heard the same thing.So far I haven't seen anything low mileage wise.BTW I believe pull n save is having one of those you pull it and carry it for $20 type of things going on this saturday.So how strong do you feel?:brow::rolleyes:

Check their website.I heard about that going on off of the radio station 106.7kbpi. http://www.pullnsave.com/

I heard the same thing.So far I haven't seen anything low mileage wise.BTW I believe pull n save is having one of those you pull it and carry it for $20 type of things going on this saturday.So how strong do you feel?:brow::rolleyes:

Check their website.I heard about that going on off of the radio station 106.7kbpi. http://www.pullnsave.com/

Oh I know I can carry out a Subaru engine;) I do think I have sourced an engine up here though for free:D