Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Justy Questions

Ok so i have had some older GL wagon and I know that basicly they will last as long as you want to take of them. But I have never owned a justy. I know that they don't have the boxer motor and that it transverse mounted motor. But that's really I know about them. Who made the motor, tranny? I am assuming that it was taken from another car maker. The one I am looking at is a 92 with 112k on it and is an 5 speed AWD.

Be complety honest about it. It's a good deal and it runs good, but I just want to know some of the in and outs of the Justys.

The engine and trans are still made by subaru.The one weak link that I know of is the oil pump.I have heard that it is best to get it rebuilt or buy a new one when purchasing a used justy.Other than that I haven't heard much else to look out for when buying one.I have often thought of looking at one for myself.

I really like my justy. Reliable, cheap, economic, and it's slow (keeps me out of trouble).

112k is pretty low for the mileage, so it should be okay. Have fun! You will be surprised at all the tiny places you can fit a justy. I was amazed!

Ok so i have had some older GL wagon and I know that basicly they will last as long as you want to take of them. But I have never owned a justy. I know that they don't have the boxer motor and that it transverse mounted motor. But that's really I know about them. Who made the motor, tranny? I am assuming that it was taken from another car maker. The one I am looking at is a 92 with 112k on it and is an 5 speed AWD.

Be complety honest about it. It's a good deal and it runs good, but I just want to know some of the in and outs of the Justys.

it's slow (keeps me out of trouble)!

my 94 wasn't....at least it didn't feel that way....i loved driving it.

every time i'd get in an start driving-i'd start to think about the scene in the movie transporter(1st one) were he's driving that little white car until it overheats.

i admit,at times i'd just about drive the same way.

50mph in a 30 zone was fun.(no others on the road)

man i wish i wasn't forced into selling her....maybe i'll be able to buy her back when i have the extra money.(it was either sell or she was gonna be towed by landlord)

Mellow65, I like my Justy, but think I would prefer the fuel injected version. If you decide you don't want the one in Portland, let me know, I am very interested, depending of course on its condition and price.

Thanks,

Jack

I am on my second Justy. First was an '88 & I sold it to a neighbor, who still drives it. VERY trouble free & it had 240,000 miles when I sold it. Never a problem with that oil pump. Now, I have a 94. It is fuel injected [ much better than carb] & it just turned 80,000 miles. Both cars were 5spd, 2wd. AVOID automatics !!!! I get 40+ mpg all the time on mine. Great car for basic transportation, etc.