Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need some input...

scrap487

well I'm trying to get a car together that can make a trip down to eugene safely... and at the moment i have nothing. My subaru is the best running car I have at the moment but with the lift on it needing work its not safe to drive. I'm considering taking the lift off and returning it to stock height untill I can get what i need to fix my lift... I know this is kind of a retarded question for me to be asking but does anyone know if a 29x10.50 swamper can be made to fit? I'm more worried about the front because my torsion bar in the back will still be clocked for lift, since it will be on the highway large amounts of wheel travel isnt needed.

If that doesnt work out I can swap out my 29s with the 27s on my nissan but I'd rather not have to do that :-\

27's are a sqeeze for a stock EA81 and even then you have to beat and cut something fierce to make them not rub on turns. I would say it's safe to bet 29's would be near impossible. *maybe* on an EA82 where 27's will fit without a lot of trouble, but not an EA81.

What about the toyota?

GD

put some 27 or smaller street treds on there for the road trip, should be easy to find a set , right now I now 25" street tires on my white car, lots better on the road, doesnt look as cool

I dont have any and I dont have any money for tires right now... and I guess I need to figure something else out cause GD figures I shouldnt even be driving that motor cause of the rod knock its got. I suppose he is right but bleh...

a buddy of mine has 29x8.5x15 TSLs on his EA81 hatch. he did a ton of trimming, and has the adjustable shocks/torsion bar cranked up. He still ended up taking the front fenders off, and I guess they rub a bunch in the back. but he's going to be adding EA82 rear struts to lift it up a bit in the rear, until AA get's the Group Buy going.

it could be done, but your rear tires would get eaten...

and Ryanb....I beleive he's done a 6-lug conversion

a buddy of mine has 29x8.5x15 TSLs on his EA81 hatch. he did a ton of trimming, and has the adjustable shocks/torsion bar cranked up. He still ended up taking the front fenders off, and I guess they rub a bunch in the back. but he's going to be adding EA82 rear struts to lift it up a bit in the rear, until AA get's the Group Buy going.

it could be done, but your rear tires would get eaten...

and Ryanb....I beleive he's done a 6-lug conversion

yeah its 6 lugs, but anyways its not a big deal anymore I'm buying a car this weekend and not going out of town anymore. I'm not worried about the rear as its cranked all the way up along with being reclocked one notch, all total I got like 6" lift in front and 9" in the rear(untill I load up all my gear :lol: ).