Ultimate Subaru Message Board

grrr, XT troubles again...

Yeah, the water pump bearing seal on my XT decided to start gushing coolant all over the cross over pipe. Drains the radiator within 5 minutes. Are these pumps anymore trouble than replacing an ea81 water pump? I want to figure out how much work I'm getting my self into before I actually set aside a chunck of time for it.

no belt covers for the win

Yep - I took the ones off my sedan just cause I didn't know the mileage on them (209k when I got it). I drive it a LOT for work - like I've put 9,000 on it since I registered it 2 or 3 months ago :eek:. I keep a spare used timing set in the trunk and a couple basic tools. It's almost a neccesity if you aren't going to just do the whole mess and know what the mileage is. Plus the belts were a little loose and I tensioned them - sligt "tick" is gone now. When I get a chance I'll snag a good water pump and keep that in the car too. It's worth it not to have to call AAA and waste your entire day.... plus AAA is really for my off-roader in case I totally demolish it at some point or throw the tranny out of it :rolleyes:.

GD