Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Brat Update: herculined bed and jumpseats installed (Pics)

So although the bed was almost rust free (one small patch near the tailgate) I decided to herculine it to protect it from further rust-producing scratches and general wear and tear. I treated the rust patch with rust netralizer and then start slopping the herculiner on. It came out excellent.

I also slapped some jump seats in (bolted in only for easy removal)

the brat is also now sporting an (almost) new weber as well. and purrs like a kitten.

post-3145-136027608087_thumb.jpg

post-3145-136027608094_thumb.jpg

post-3145-136027608102_thumb.jpg

post-3145-136027608108_thumb.jpg

Nice brat Nicky. How thick did you put the herculiner?

I really need to get down to the states and buy a brat and dump some money into it. And NOT take it offroading..

I did one thin coat for a primer, and then used the rest of the gallon on the second coat. if I had to estimate maybe a eighth of inch thick. The gallon is supposed to cover a full size truck bed, so I am guessing its probably thicker than normal. that stuff is great. sticks to everything (including hands) :rolleyes:

thanks for the compliments guys.

hey Nicky,

the brat looks great!

how much did that herculiner stuff put you out? does autozone sell it? i need to do the floor in my suzuki.

once again, nice brat:headbang: plus its rocking those plaid seats right?:D

the best price I could find was 100.00 for the kit (comes with a gallon, two rollers, etc.)

that was at shucks/checkers believe it or not. the autozones around here only carry duplicolor bedliner which I have heard sucks (peels off in two months)

they also just sell herculiner quarts seperatly which I would recommend as its only about 30 bucks a can.

also works on boots!

and no lift for this one, too nice to offroad. thats what the wagons for.;)

oh yeah and plaid seats, cept i have seat covers now because the drivers side leaves a lot to be desired.