Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Exhaust dilemma

Hey all. I was starting to notice last week if my car was cold it would be making a bit of noise from the exhaust manifold gaskets. But when it warms up it would quiet down to nothing. Well now i really went and did it and went wheeling in my 2wd..nothing hardcore mind you just some wide walking trails but i ended up hitting the exhaust on a rock going extremely slow. Not hard by any means but just enough to finish off that gasket so now i have a small leak all the time. Good stuff. Something tells me these napa gaskets are crap. Should i try factory ones? Anyone know the torque specks for putting them on? Thanks in advance

Steve

Definitely get OEM exhaust gaskets. There's a HUGE difference in quality. I was amazed when I compared the aftermarket gaskets I had sitting in my trunk to the OEM ones... Mucho Bettero.

This is the OEM gaskets. If you know what the aftermarket gaskets look like, you can tell by the looks these are muco bettero

post-16575-136027608124_thumb.jpg