Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch's 1st Wheelin Trip.

TheSubaruJunkie

I took of from here Saturday night to go meet Jibs in Reno. Plan was to dissasemble the wagon, and start alittle work on the hatch. Didnt plan on doing much wheelin, but when I got there we found this set of trails, that just happend to lead to his place. So we took a detour and broke the hatch in.

DSC00786_01.jpg

DSC00789_01.jpg

Sunday morning we woke up around 8am and started tearing into the wagon. Jeremy (Subieman) showed up and by noon we pretty much had the wagon stripped down to nothing.

DSC00800.jpg

Dave (NV Zeno) showed up and we decided to head out and grab some lunch. After lunch, it was still pretty early, so we headed off to some local hills and played around for about an hour.

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

The ground is pretty much decomposed granite, and alot of it. Very easy to loose traction and dig yourself a hole. Going up the hills were almost impossible, but it was fun going down.

DSC00820.jpg

We ended up following the trails for a little, but seemed every trail lead to an impossible hill climb, or a dead end. Still alot of fun, and plenty more trails out there to play on.

-Brian

Yeah he has some prime property. That little bit of area is probably.... 1/20th of the land he has. And it borders the hillside, trails right out his backyard practicly.

The hills we were at are probably 5miles away from his pad.

-Brian

Dang!..

i wanna move there.i'd settle with just half of that to play in.

Yup, had the hatch open when i installed the rack... just to be sure it wouldnt interfere with anything.

I think I may have found my tires. TireRack sais they have the Kumho venture in stock, 27x8.5R14 :) Im gonna order 4 of em, then here in a couple weeks I should be ready for the lift.

-Brian

I found a hatch just like this (not as nice :rolleyes:) when I brought my friend to work today...

going to try and buy it on thursday (exciting for me as it's the second hatch I've ever seen here and the first was in a junkyard)

I found a hatch just like this (not as nice :rolleyes:) when I brought my friend to work today...

going to try and buy it on thursday (exciting for me as it's the second hatch I've ever seen here and the first was in a junkyard)

Wow! BUY IT! Even if it looks rusted to hell... The rockers, doors, wheel arches etc. were gone from rust on my '88, but the frame rails and suspension points were still solid as a rock. If the hatch you're looking at is the same way it could still be one heck of a fun wheeler!

Wow! BUY IT! Even if it looks rusted to hell... The rockers, doors, wheel arches etc. were gone from rust on my '88, but the frame rails and suspension points were still solid as a rock. If the hatch you're looking at is the same way it could still be one heck of a fun wheeler!

yep. that's the plan.

you should've seen the first xt6 I got... sounds like it was about on par with that hatch you're speaking of :cool:

rebuilt it all with new metal then got smashed into by a dumb woman in a civic

sorry for the hijack!