Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally scored a winch

Turbone

I really have to pat myself on the back, twice. He was getting set up for a major yard sale. His garage was full of computer stuff, gun holsters, etc (he just sold two bench loads of reloading stuff). If I wasnt in such a hurry, I know I would have spent more $. And I got out of there as fast as I could:burnout:

SLICK Rob, Now you can do some real wheelen without total fear of getting stranded.

Yes indeed!

The last time out my buddy's 35 inch boggers couldn't get him out of the mud hole at my Father's cabin. His 8k winch pulled him right out, pulled me out after him too. Made me realize just how crazy we can get with a winch.

For the most part, a good come-a-long will do fine for a Soob, but Rob's hatch and ones like it get to be quite a bit heavier than the average. That winch will be your new best friend.

When are we going to Evans?

Qman came over today, just had to show n' tell.

Described my prob with the Hatch, after looking at the winch.

Put it in gear and let out the clutch, it just sat there.

Now, I was going to do this, but havent had the minute to do it:rolleyes:

He looked underneath and chuckled.

What? I said.

Look under the car, he said.

I got out, the car still in gear and running (e-brake on).

The right rear is just churning away, digging up turf.

The left rear is stationary.

I had pulled the axle out after my last run:rolleyes:

Cant figure out why the tire turns but wont move car (even with e-brake off).

Prarie Ridge = Bonney Lake

• 2 weeks later...

there is this subaru up the street from my freinds house that isnt moving at alll if it even does. i thpought about making an offer on the winch. its pretty dam big it takes up prolly 2/3rds of the front bumper.. hopefully its not really heavy. but it lookis like a good winch so it prolly is heavy as heck

there is this subaru up the street from my freinds house that isnt moving at alll if it even does. i thpought about making an offer on the winch. its pretty dam big it takes up prolly 2/3rds of the front bumper.. hopefully its not really heavy. but it lookis like a good winch so it prolly is heavy as heck

That's a well hung Subaru.