Ultimate Subaru Message Board

H6 turbo questions....

:burnout: I've got my H6 and I've got my turbo, and I've got questions??? For the guys who have labored thru this I hope I can pick some info. I'm going to use the stock pistons and keep the boost down around 6psi. Is there and upgraded ECU or do I piggyback. Does someone have software to disassemble the Subaru BIN so I can do my own mapping? I've got the hardware for burning PROMS since I do a lot of GM EFI tuning. Should I go with bigger injectors? I'll be using a fuel pump control mod and a boost controller. Has anyone had any crank or rod probs with their H6 turbo set up? I know I've packed a lot in here, but the info would be priceless and HUGELY appreciated. Thanks, Ski

whooooooaaa slow down!

first off, what engine? 2.7? 3.3? 3.0?

yes you should use bigger injectors. this is a given anytime you add a turbocharger. as far as engine management, i would check with rallitek to see if they have something for your application.

2.7l H6, and thanks for the advice checking the other site. Ski

i think that you could use the pistons from the ea82t and the nissan 280/300zx turbo fuel injectors. then i think that you might need to get a new set of cams with a little less overlap for the turbo so that you dont waste the boost out the exhaust side... or something like that, :lol:

Yeah, I figured I'd be splicing injector connectors. Any idea what the flow is on the 2.7l injectors? (ER27...Is that the H6 2.7?)

I think its more a fitment issue than it is wiring...

Yes, ER27 is the code for the H6 2.7L. If you look on the top of the block at the front, you should find ER27 written on it.

you might be able to do with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. some view this as a bandaid, but in certain applications where bigger injectors and engine management are rare or nonexistant, its a necessity.