Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New hatch?

I found a nice 85 hatch on craigslist, i got to talk to my dad about it, and hopefully i can get it :banana: plans will include 4 inch lift, khumo mud terrains or tires of the same general pattern. any way, im excited, i cant wait. I'll soon have a 85 hatch, and a 85 wagon. i just need a 85 brat and sedan :grin:

uhm, i think i will go with 6 lug :banana: Pugs are getting harder and harder to find, 6 lugs are very easy to find :) .. Later down the road, i might make this "project mega hatch" with like a solid axle swap and 5 link suspention. but for now, 4 inch lift will be perfecto! :headbang:

I sure hope so!! I also just found out, that i will most likely get hired for a job :) so that means money to spend on it!!! quick poll, how many 14 year olds have 2 subarus? :banana: :banana: o ya, and my dad is totally into getting this car, as long as i let him drive it to work everyday.. cool with me for a new car :) project minime is underway :) (well almost) i still need to find out about the title, he hasnt emaild me back yet :-\

Soobmater, you're going to hate me, but I just bought the '85 hatch you were looking at. I swear I emailed the guy before I saw your post. We emailed and phone called back and forth a couple times and I bought it after he emailed me a bunch more pics to look at. I really feel bad about this, cuz I saw how excited you were getting about it. If you want, I will continue to look for Hatchbacks and let you know when I see another one. I just missed out on one in California (I think someone on the forum beat me to that one). I have been searching ebay and craigslist everyday for awhile looking for a good hatch or brat. I found out this one has 190,000 miles (just broke-in for a Subaru), but is on it's second engine and tranny. It needs some distributor work (hopefully that will fix its power problem), but overall it looked clean and worth the $850. Just remember, Seattle seems to be the Subaru capital of the USA, so I'm sure you'll find another one close by. I'm going to have to drive 500 miles to pick this one up. Good luck on your search.

Sorry Idahojack, was that the REd hatch on Craigslist for $1250? IF so, that was me. The owner wouldnt budge on the price cause he said he had some dude interested out of state willing to pay more.

We should get a good hatch turnout at this years WCSS, sorry you wont be in one Clay... maybe i'll let you ride in mine :P

-Brian

Sorry Idahojack, was that the REd hatch on Craigslist for $1250? IF so, that was me. The owner wouldnt budge on the price cause he said he had some dude interested out of state willing to pay more.

We should get a good hatch turnout at this years WCSS, sorry you wont be in one Clay... maybe i'll let you ride in mine :P

-Brian

Dont worry, i got my wagon. its in surgery right now.. haha sanding down and putting on some bedliner :) and a few other smaller things...

Brian, Yes it was the red one on Craigslist for $1250. I had only emailed the guy one time and had not even mentioned the price, so it must have been someone else who offered more. It sure looked like a clean one, does it run as good as his ad said? Those Hatchies are hard to find, but they do come up, probably one every other week. In fact, the guy who sold you his Brian, emailed me back after he sold it and said he has another one he's going to be selling in August. He said he would let me know when it was for sale. If he does, I'll let folks here on the forum know about it (Soobmater first, if he want's to go to California to pick one up). But from what I've seen on Craigslist, Seatle is the best chance to have one.