Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Tires for the RX

Well inspired by all the people who have done it in the past, I had my Brother's shop order me in a set of Nankang XR611 Touring Sport 205/60/13 tires to get some more grip and more tread on the highway at 75mph. Took a month to get them in, hard size to get. Really nice tires, handles like a totally different car (much much better)..and best of all they were free since his shop owed me for some major business I kicked their way :headbang:

Pics of course:

newtires.jpg

newtires2.jpg

newtires3.jpg

Nice and wide, just what I wanted and not a hint of rubbing anywhere.

Jeff - I have no idea what they would run in price, I got them for free and never pay full price on my tires anyways. Benefits of having a Brother who runs a shop. Maybe 75 knows?

Tizzle - The Bra was bought, but for an x-soob I had, which just got parted out recently and send to the crusher. So the hood protector got donated to the RX since we use gravel on our roads out here in the winter, trying to keep the chipping down.

Soobscript - Think they are 5.5 inch alloys, maybe just 5 inch. Just the stock 13" Subaru Rally Wheels.

Mike - Find them they are not that rare, I did get mine from edrach along time ago shipped in. But I prefer to support board members if they have the parts I want.

Thanks for the compliments on the car guys, but it's just really photogenic...not nearly as nice looking once you get up close. Jerry knows he has seen it. ;)